SEM (also known as Paid Search or Pay Per Click) refers to the advertisements on the top and sides of search engines like Google, Yahoo, or Bing. Each time a potential customer clicks on those ads, the advertiser pays. Costs per click can range from as little as 10 cents to several dollars per click depending on the popularity of the chosen keywords.
Many of our clients ask why they should utilize SEM when they are pursuing an SEO strategy. SEM immediately drives traffic to your site whereas SEO strategies, though free, may take time to be effective.Strong initial SEM leads to a strong Search Engine results later.
Implementing and managing paid search can be complex. We can help through our Paid Search training or through one-on-one consultations. Our experienced consultants can help you by:
- Developing a successful SEM campaign:
- Set attainable goals for paid search
- Utilize optimal keywords to drive customers to your site that will click through and buy
- Recommend bid strategies that give you the best return on your investment
- Refining an existing SEM campaign:
- Analyze your current paid search program
- Recommend changes based on our analysis and your goals·
- Tracking and reporting on your SEM campaign:
- Weekly and/or monthly reporting
- Recommendations for adjustments based on the reports
- Implementation of meaningful changes to bring results that are in line with your business goals.
- Testing alternatives for your SEM campaign:
- Develop testing strategies around ad copy, landing pages, and bids
- Recommend changes based on results that maximize sales
Metrist Partners offers simple answers built on sophisticated analysis. Contact us to find out more.
Once you’ve driven the traffic to your site, you’ll want to find out what those new visitors are doing on your site. Click here to find out about Web Analytics.